- We last focused on RingCentral in May. See, Recorded May 12, 2020 - RingCentral. However, changes continue so we revisit!
- RingCentral Classic, RingCentral Meetings, and RingCentral Phone ... are all (slowly) moving to a single, unified, RingCentral.app!
- RingCentral Meetings (old) uses Zoom. RingCentral.app has the option to use the new video service called RingCentral Video. This new service can be used 100% via a web browser vs. installing the app. You can use this with clients outside of your organization without installing anything.
- Most of the functionality available in RingCentral Classic is also available in RingCentral.app (new). However, we are still waiting on features like Waiting Room and Breakout Rooms. See, NEW - RingCentral Video.
Additional notes of interest:
- You don't have to schedule a meeting, the meeting can occur on-the-fly by using the Start button in RingCentral.app.
- Admin settings: They change often and you can standardize many across your entire team — and lock them to avoid people making changes.
- You can change your Meeting ID number! Can we use a name in the Meeting ID field? (Wyatt will research and test)