Rackspace is experiencing a significant email hosting issue, and they recommend moving to Microsoft 365 as the best solution for customers.
Our immediate goal is to help clients restore email. Here is the plan:
- The workaround is only for new email flow.
- Users will have to use https://outlook.office.com/ to access new email.
- Users must use the local Outlook app on their computer to access historical emails. And local historical email access may not be available. Historical Emails will be resolved at a later date.
Immediate Needs (Not all-inclusive)
- Set up a new M365 Tenant in Sherweb/O365 (Not Rackspace).
- Configure M365 Exchange Online (Plan 1) licensing to get email flowing. Microsoft licensing will be reviewed at a later date.
- Configure Mailboxes for all users, shared mailboxes, etc.
- Created Groups, Distribution Lists as needed.
- Cutover MX Records.
Article is closed for comments.