|New Mac Setup
|macOS Upgrade (10.15 or 11 to 12)
|New User (on managed Mac)
† All flat-rate pricing is based on remote delivery. If onsite service is required then hourly rates and hourly onsite minimums apply. * Pro Support plans receive 25% off all PRIORITY fees. All prices are subject to change without prior notice.
New Mac Setup
Of course, we highly recommend the zero-touch workflow. However, if you need manual assistance then we will work with your team to remotely set up and configure your computer system for proper functionality. (Repurposing the old machine is not included.):
- Run Software Update and prepare the machine for remote support.
- Install, patch, and document Mac software (Windows and pre-existing Mac software not included. Additional software installation fees may apply).
- Organize fonts as per office font management policy.
- Configure and test Internet connection, e-mail account, and printing.
- Configure for cloud backup system.
- Test workstation for proper functionality.
- Transfer up to 200GB of data from the old machine. Additional data transfer is $100 per 100GB because transferring large amounts of data is time-consuming and often problematic. Removing unnecessary files and folders from a Mac before a data transfer is recommended. If a data transfer (aka, Migration) between two existing Macs is required (and a New Mac Setup is not performed), then we must charge an hourly rate due to the same factors of unknown time and potential problems related to the data transfer and the post-migration cleanup.
Upgrade from the last two macOS versions to the latest. (Any older macOS must be upgraded at an hourly rate.) This is a remote install, and a modern Mac, approved to run the latest version of macOS is required.
New User Setup - Use Our HELLO Form
Save money by contacting us early the next time you hire someone (including freelancers or contractors). Setup includes modifying an existing, managed workstation in preparation for the new user, plus setting up the server, email, and VPN accounts, if applicable. PLEASE NOTE: Freelancers and contractors on unmanaged Macs will be set up with Server, Email, and VPN accounts at a flat-rate of $50 for standard or $100 for priority service. Instructions will be provided, and any support required will be billed at our reactive hourly rate ($200/hr).
User Termination - Use Our GOODBYE Form
When users leave your company, several things must occur to maintain order and security. We will redirect or delete email accounts, archive local user accounts, change passwords for server and remote access, and do what it takes to help your office remain secure. Note that any security changes that affect multiple people are billed hourly.
THE FINE PRINT
Flat-rate pricing is per machine, OS, or software title and varies based on turnaround time. The clock starts counting once ALL product is available and delivered. We cannot schedule based on anticipated delivery times. Clients who plan and prepare are rewarded.
Scheduled: Within five business days
Priority: Within 48 business hours
The following requirements must be met to qualify for flat-rate pricing:
- The device must be covered under a support agreement.
- The device must be no more than one year beyond the warranty.
- We must be involved from recommendation-to-implementation, meaning we recommend or approve the additional work and perform or oversee the implementation. Please read this Knowledge Base article for more clarification.
- Depending on the project, we may require the Mac to be on the same local network as a modern macOS Server that we manage.