List of Vison-Bot Device Information
Below is a list of the device information presented in the Vision-Bot Dashboard. This is up-to-date as of the timestamp of this article (see above, below title). "[EA]" denotes that a Jamf Software Server (JSS) Extension Attribute is required. As listed, some items or specific only to macOS or iOS.
- Serial Number
- Purchased - Date and Warranty (this information must exist in your JSS).
- User - The first local user account created that passes the following criteria:
- exclude all accounts starting with an underscore
- exclude all accounts with ID < 500 (system accounts)
- exclude all accounts where the home directory disk usage is <= 0 MB
- sort the remaining accounts by ID in ascending order
- the owner is the first account that does not contain
- if there are no non-
adminaccounts, then choose the first
- Location - This name in Vision-Bot must match a Building name in your JSS.
- IP Address - Public (WAN), Local (LAN)
- MAC Addresses (macOS) or UDID (iOS)
- Check-in - Specifically, the last successful update of the inventory report. It's possible for a device to continue checking-in, but failing to submit an updated inventory report. We are most interested to know, how up-to-date and accurate is the data in Vision-Bot?
- Storage - Boot Disk Usage and Percentage Full/Total Capacity
- Backup [EA] - Last Backup of TIME MACHINE and CRASHPLAN
- FILEVAULT STATUS (macOS only)
- PASSCODE (Present or Not set, iOS only)
- DATA PROTECT (Enabled or Off, iOS only)
- Memory [EA] (macOS only)
- INSTALLED MEMORY
- MEMORY SLOTS used and available
- If a memory module fails it will be shown as failed.
- Battery [EA] (macOS only)
- Workload [EA] (macOS only)
- FREE MEMORY
- CPU LOAD
- Profiles (iOS only)
All installed applications and their version numbers are listed for both macOS and iOS.
See related, Dashboard Warnings Details (Yellow & Red)
Please sign in to leave a comment.