Today's livestream is focused on RingCentral and specifically the confusion around RingCentral Meetings (Video).
- The new RingCentral.app (we often references as the unified app) works with all devices.
- Use the new unified RingCentral.app. Avoid the old RingCentral Phone and RingCentral Meetings applications.
- The default URL invitation does not open the new unified RingCentral.app.
- You can join via a web browser, but from a browser you can only view the screen sharing (there will be no face-to-face video), and you must dial-in number for voice/audio.
- When initiating or starting a new meeting always utilize your Personal Meeting ID.
- Change the settings to always use a Personal Meeting ID. Also enable the Waiting Room feature, and if you want extra security "enable password."
- Never post your Personal Meeting ID in a public place/social media.
- If you switch headphones between devices, standardize on one device throughout the day.
- Create an alternate email signature or place your Personal Meeting ID in your Notes.app for quick and easy cutting-and-pasting. Substitute 123 456 789 with your Personal Meeting ID:
Join from a PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://meetings.ringcentral.com/j/123456789
* Or iPhone one-tap : +1(773)2319226,,123456789#
* Or Manually Dial: (773) 231-9226 and enter Meeting ID: 123 456 789
Coming Soon (Currently Beta)
A new RingCentral.app with video meetings that are not Zoom-based, but rather a new platform called RingCentral Video. Works 100% on the web (and the app), but does not currently have Breakout Rooms or Waiting Rooms. We hope these features will be added.
Articles of Interest
Our RingCentral section contains articles related to RingCentral calls, conferences, video meetings and more!
Please sign in to leave a comment.