Apple Unveils New M1-Powered MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, and Mac mini
Continuing its pandemic-driven approach of short, focused announcements Apple once again took to the Internet to stream its “One More Thing” event. On center stage this time was the Mac or specific...
- Much faster
- Doubled the battery life
- Use caution - see executive summary in the article
- Note these are entry-level machines!
Upgrade vs Update
- Update and Upgrade are not synonymous
- Typically, updates were free and upgrades cost money but now the lines are blurring
- Analogy - compare update vs. upgrade to a kitchen rehab:
- Update: Paint or refinish cabinets
- Upgrade: A complete gut/rehab where everything is removed and you start over
macOS 11 Big Sur
- Forget Computers currently has this blocked and the upgrade will not execute
- We recommend waiting at least until 11.1
- We do recommend performing updates (Catalina has released 8 - 9 updates since it's original launch)
- Updates can improve security, remove bugs and improve compatibility with software
- "Nudge" updates come from FC asking you to complete updates
- Note that on the system preferences page you want to click on "more info"
- Our goal is that all users are at 10.15.7 or newer
- Adobe updates can cause issues among teams that collaborate if they are not on the same version
- DO NOT BE AN EARLY ADOPTER
- Remember No change Fridays!
Please sign in to leave a comment.