Ben's "Rant" about collaboration
Rather then send spreadsheets back and forth where changes cannot be tracked we suggest collaborating online! This can be accomplished in Office 365 or even Apple. If you need help with collaboration let us know.
macOS Big Sur
We always recommend delaying any early adoption of macOS changes until the 4th or 5th release to be safe.
Apple macOS Release Cycle Explained
- X.x.1 - The initial release gets the promised new things out there.
- X.x.2 - Fixes what Apple employees found wrong.
- X.x.3 - Fixes what external developers found wrong.
- X.x.4 - Fixes the urgent thing actual customers reported.
- X.x.5 - Is typically a stable release ready for mass adoption in the workplace.
Adopting too early can cause issues with printing, fonts and collaboration! See, We Recommend You Delay Upgrading to macOS 10.15 Catalina for last year's write-up and scroll down for the
Apple Big Sur Video
We disabled recording temporarily for legal reasons ... and Ben forgot to turn the recording back on until much later in the presentation!
Big Sur Demo
- Big improvements with Safari (much faster)
- Privacy reporting and tracking prevention is now built-in
- Improvement with maps, messages, and privacy
- Some speed and battery improvements
Web Browsers 101
- Recommend using a minimum of 2 browsers
- Most popular: Safari, Chrome, Firefox, Brave. All are a matter of choice and the "best" browser can change on a day-to-day basis. We make some of these browser available in MacManage.
- It is very common to start using another browser whenever we try to troubleshoot an issue
- 1Password works across all browsers!
- Check your browser Extensions and disable privacy if you are experiencing issue.
- Private window and incognito options don't protect the owner from security issues
- We recommend everyone watch The Social Dilemma on Netflix
- Browsers — especially with a lot of browser windows open — can slow down machines.
Please sign in to leave a comment.