- Power on the computer. If FileVault disk encryption is enabled, you'll need to select a local account and type in a password to decrypt the disk. Note: If this is the first time you're logging into a shared computer with FileVault encryption, and you don't have any account credentials, contact support for assistance.
- After signing in, the computer will continue loading:
- You will be presented with a Microsoft login window customized for your organization. Be aware this may take a few seconds to load, especially if you're using a wireless connection:
- Type in your company email address, then your password to continue:
- Depending on your organization's settings, you may be asked to authenticate with a phone number or other form of MFA. Below is an example of a Duo authentication prompt:
First Time Only with an Existing Mac
If you're signing in with Addigy Identity for the first time on a Mac — whether it's brand new or one you've been using before Addigy Identity was activated — you will be presented with additional questions.
- You will be asked to link your company email address with an existing Mac user account or to create a new user account.
- Do you already have a local user account on this Mac? If so, click the Select user to sync data dropdown, marked “A” below, select your user account, and type in your password to continue.
- If you don’t have a user account on this computer (like on a brand new machine), click the Create a new account button, marked “B” below, to create a new account on this Mac synced with your company username and password.
- After making your selection, the Mac will log in. Please note that the logo displayed will be unique to your organization:
You will now be logged into your Mac using your company email address and password. Remember, if you change your company email password online, the password on your Mac will be updated the next time you log in — after the FileVault prompt. Meaning the FileVault prompt may require your previous password one last time. Once your new password is entered on your Mac, Addigy Identity will update the FileVault password to match. Click here for more details on changing your password once Addigy Identity is synced with your account.