What is Addigy Identity?
Addigy Identity is a feature of the Addigy MDM platform for Mac that allows you to sync your Mac local user account's password with your email password. At the moment, the service supports Microsoft 365/Azure, Google, and Okta. Once enabled, the default Mac login screen (after the FileVault login screen) will be replaced by your email login screen - type in your username and password to get signed into your local account.
Just-in-time account creation - if it's your first time logging into a Mac, you can link your email password to an existing local account (A) or create a new one (B):
Password syncing - if you change your email password, simply log out of your local Mac user account and then sign back in. Your local password will be updated to match your new email password - all requirements (complexity, age, history) will all be driven by your identity provider
MFA - Addigy Identity is able to integrate with your existing email MFA
- Offline access - Addigy Identity can be bypassed in an emergency if your computer is offline. This ensures that your devices do not become inoperable due to a lack of internet access
- Addigy Identity does not include a TOTP/MFA option for offline access, only a bypass
- If your users have long, complex, non-human-readable passwords for their email accounts, it can make authentication very difficult. We recommend the use of passphrases with Addigy Identity for a balance of security and ease of use
- Users will still need to decrypt their computers at the FileVault login screen prior to signing into their account using Addigy Identity
- If you have zero-touch deployment enabled (requires an Apple Business Manager account and an Apple eCommerce storefront), Addigy Identity can be configured to automatically install on your devices. This makes the unboxing process even smoother, as users will skip the local user account creation step and be taken straight to their email login
- Click here for more details on changing your password once Addigy Identity is synced with your account.
If any of these features may benefit your organization, please reach out to your account manager for more information.
Please sign in to leave a comment.